Thursday, April 7, 2011

The Begining

Well hello there. I'm Amanda and this is the beginning of what's going to be my blog for Advanced Composition class. I'm not sure how to compose this, or even how to begin it but here I go. For our first assignment the class was told to write an introduction about ourselves. I honestly don't like to talk about myself because it feels like gloating but here it is. I'm going to list some random facts that may or may not be relevant to your understanding of me.
  • I work at Culvers. It's not the most fun and is a lot of work but I enjoy some of the people.
  • I have played Rugby for two seasons but no longer continue to do so because the team is gone.
  • I enjoy running in my free time.
  • I have four sisters and absolutely no brothers.
  • When I was younger I was blind for about a month because I poured bubbles into my eyes.
  • I have come to realize lately that I care too much and should stop doing that.
  • I have also hit the block that comes with the 4th quarter of school.
  • I hate math.
  • I have a beagle that I absolutely hate because he is so annoying.
  • I read when I have tome to do so, usually at night.
Well, that's quite a few facts and all I can come up with; although, I should talk about why I took this class. I dislike writing but took this class because I figured that it was a useful skill that I needed to become better at. Another reason is because if I become a better writer than the rest of high school and college should be somewhat easier. So, here I am. I hope this helped you get to know me a little better.

2 comments:

  1. I really like how you admitted that you don't exactly love writing but took this class in the hopes of getting better. I really respect that because I know when you don't like something, it gets really hard sometimes to do everything assigned but I never hear you complain! :) The little tidbits you give are really interesting and give me a different insight on you. I hope these blogs don't get to be another annoying thing because I have hit the fourth quarter wall, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys and your fourth quarter wall...

    Anyways...

    I, too, think the facts you include in your introduction are insightful. The bubble note - who knew? Hopefully you are finding this course (and will eventually find this project) helpful in your future academic endeavors.

    ReplyDelete